Monday, August 21, 2017

It is time we abandon the debate and encompass common sense in Paradise

Yes it is all about the debate of which is better for you? TEA OR COFFEE!

Personally, I prefer Japanese Tea made in the Japanese restaurants as long as it is piping hot! That tea differs from the Chinese Tea one drinks when washing down Chinese Food at Chinese Restaurants, and both of these help digest those meals in a tried and tested fashion over thousands of year before it was introduced to Western Palettes.

Then there is the green tea that I get from Paradise Farm, in which I am a director and I believe it is more Oolong Type as opposed to the traditional green tea itself. No matter, but I even like drinking the Green Tea from the Dilmah Green Tea in tea bags that one can usually buy in most high end supermarkets in Colombo, which in any case is not a daily and hourly craving so the average cost per month does not amount to much.

Now I come to the debate of tea vs coffee and I direct my reader to read the link here below from the Daily Telegraph in the UK of today, August 21st 2017 to read and educate oneself on the pros and cons, and once you have done that surely you will say I will have both!


Hey presto, I too have both, whenever it suits my particular mood. Have it with fresh milk which I am fortunate to be able to indulge in as I have cows, or have it without milk which I do both for tea and coffee when I have it elsewhere, as even the hotels DO NOT offer fresh milk and the best they do is that UHT thing called Ambewela Milk. In a country where fresh milk is so hard to come by even at 5 star hotels it leaves me no option only to rely on what I am able to make at home.


So lets be grateful we live in a country which I firmly believe produces the best Tea in the world, best Coffee in the world, even before Brazil and Columbia even came on the scene, Best Cocoa in the world, Best King Coconut in the world, and best Forest Oranges in the world devoid of any pesticide growing organically in forests, that elephants leave and has no predators. To cap it all we have limes when we feel like a lime juice or passions for passionfruit juice, we are the luckiest people alive who have all OPTIONS to choose from which FEW if any countries on earth have. So why do my neighbors not drink the juice from their own oranges in Ratmale? I ask them all the time. I am the one who begs for them when my trees are bare. So lets us drink to Sri Lanka.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its all about communicating effectively

Parents and Educators can significantly influence the choices our children make, which will carry on for the rest of their lives.

So if we talk about ingestion of liquid, when we have a surfeit of it, we must educate them of the importance of drinking water, not from the plastic bottles that contribute to environmental pollution.

Then all the other liquid refreshments mentioned above mixed with water is the second best as long as the sugar content is kept at a minimum in all cases. Once people are used to drinking this there will be no need for any imported or chemical filled mixtures to be used instead

Anonymous said...

Avoid sugar at all costs and take plenty of liquids. How about Coconut Water the latest fad, also a product of Sri Lanka and exported from Sri Lanka, where a customer pays the equivalent of Rs1500 for a liter of it! We throw it away, typically Sri Lankan behavior.