Monday, June 11, 2012

If there is a grain of truth in the Rumor – then pity the Pied Piper’s followers – they are drowned in a sea of shame




Is it true that SF has joined the Government I was asked a few moments ago? I said I have not heard anything of the sort, but if it was, I said it will not surprise me.

There are those who I know will go to their graves with their principles intact and there are those who I label as opportunists who go where the wind blows.

The hardest thing is to hold on to principles in the face of tremendous pressure, especially where life and future is concerned. Many who bend to whichever way the wind blows, say to themselves, hell I have only a so long to live, and I may as well make the most of it and make hay while the sun shines. I say good luck to them. There is freewill and it is only humans who have that advantage. Animals cannot make that choice.

With the same breadth I say to others do not follow and believe in people as you will be disappointed. Just believe in yourself and everything else will fall into place. You only have to follow a person, when you have no principles yourself. If you know where in the world you are and where you are heading you need not follow anyone or any dogma, you only express your opinion based on your beliefs and then you will know you are always right, no matter what someone else tells you.

We in Sri Lanka are led down the garden path by opportunists. It is easy to be conned. Do not get sucked! It is your blood they live off of not theirs. Beware before you get on a stage and praise a devil. It is best to praise your principles and let the audience make its own mind if the devil they see has those principles. Do not bum suck yourself, as you could be sucking the wrong bum, but will only realize later that it was so.

It is best therefore to stick to the message, to principles and to your beliefs, and it is therefore most important to know what you stand for. You are then a man or women of principle and praise or damn those who go with your flow for that moment, by merely saying, I believe in him today as he is espousing the cause I also hold, but the day he deviates from that I will be the first to ostracize him as an outcast and infidel.

If we try that simple logic, we will never be compromised and those who believe in freewill will themselves realize the importance of principles and may stick to them, instead of being swayed by short term carrots.

No comments: