Thursday, October 5, 2017

I was thinking as I always do when I wake up between 4am and 5am each morning!


I posted on FB a link to an article by a University Professor that eating once a day is perfectly acceptable, and could aid in weight loss more than all the fad diets. So on my post with the link, I did say that I practice this once a day formula, but I have not been able to lose weight, but at least hold my weight steady, and as I do little exercise, partly due to my difficulty in walking, this is the way I know to keep from ballooning, as with age I am sure one’s metabolism slows down markedly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4947766/Would-eat-just-one-meal-day-lose-weight.html

In the same vein, in the post I alluded to the fact that I wish I had 48hours in a day to get through what I set myself to do for the day, and eating once a day saves at least an hour or two’s down time. With my intense energy, more mental rather than physical at this age, I am as a result, able to get more done. Further, I did say I get my regular dose of sleep, as I don’t wish to compromise on that, a minimum of 7 hours and sometimes 8, depending on how early I get to sleep. This allows me to function all day on top gear and manage on one meal to boot, usually dinner.

The other secret to success if that is what you wish to call it, is that when you begin work and you keep the pace all day, you just don’t have time to eat, let alone have a cup of tea, as the staff in my office will say, whenever they come into my office with a cup of tea, the earlier cup is not even touched, and I am so busy with something I even fail to notice them, and am concentrating on that task. I can keep up at that level for 12 hours non-stop, when I finally succumb to exhaustion and need sleep more than food to re-charge my batteries for the next day.

Ironically, with years of experience in many fields of work and interest, I believe I am at my peak of work performance as much of my writing on different topics would attest, more so than when I should have been at my peak in my early 20’s having just qualified as a Chartered Accountant in England!

Sadly though, my competency, knowledge and experience is NOT valued by anyone, and I am not in a position to begin a new venture of my own, like a money spinning business, as I don’t have the mental capacity now to stay the course on ONE subject as my interests lie in many areas ALL AT ONCE!


In short I am an ideas man brimming with new ideas from which others, honest people that is can make billions, and though some may sound of the charts, they are actually well intentioned, with a purpose with the long term in mind and not the short term a businessman would look at to get a return on his investment. It is therefore best to use it for policy planning for a country’s future course and with mentally bankrupt, opportunists calling themselves politicians who litter our landscape, it is beyond their comprehension. One IMPORTANT example of that is the need for a new capital city, a 20 year plan, at least 200km from Colombo!

This is not for the lack of connections, and the number of people in high places that I know, and who know of my diverse interests. It is the fact that everyone is trying to leverage their own personal agendas to get what they want, and so as I am lumped in the same mentality, it is a dog eat dog situation, where I need to fight with others.

Others on the other hand see their bread and butter at stake, and to that I am a threat, as many of my ideas, are of long term sustainability of a nation and don't care a rats ass to anyone'e personal wealth creation. It is therefore almost impossible to parley a good idea to people that matter as those who supposedly matter, are only interested in the matter they can get from any concept, as opposed to the general well being of a nation that I fear NO ONE I know really cares about.

I will continue to fight this battle in my blog, for posterity to judge my true intention, as that is all I can really do at this stage.

Those who know me personally, know I am one of a kind, nothing to be proud of in my book, as I am trying to merely see the benefit of every action on how it affects the general good and I am pretty clear of what that is, as it is simply for people, all people that is to attain a level of satisfaction of life that is higher than that of today's. Often it cannot be measured in rupees and cents, or GNP growth and even in the happiness indexes, as happiness and contentment is a very personal thing and each person must be educated in carrying out their lives to ensure they obtain a level of mental satiation that makes life worth living. 

Of course not at other people's expense where they are then unhappy! It is subjective though as avaricious people are difficult to satisfy, no matter how much wealth they may have or increase. So their means of real satisfaction may come from them realizing they have more than they need for a lifetime, and more, and they may actually find happiness and contentment by distributing their wealth in a manner that gives them more satisfaction than acquiring it.

We should always be only too aware of our instant mortality and live our lives so that we can try to be as content as practical under our own unique circumstances that no other person can truly understand, other than self.

A little philosophizing I know but positive thinking I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A country of 20 Million people can be run by at most 6 government servants (of the traditional mold) and have NO elected reps except perhaps 4 in each of the 14,000 villages to speak for their village and make the formal requests on the people's behalf, for a small monthly stipend of about Rs5,000. So there will be democracy where it is needed and there will be efficiency where it is most needed.

One leader who needs to give a longer term vision however is hard to find anyhow! They don't emerge often, I am afraid, the all knowing, visionary who has to think and plan for two generations ahead!